- ALL ARRIVING MEMBERS AND GUESTS must have completed the Covid Declaration Form and emailed to the lodge manager prior to arrival. (Handy tip: photograph a completed signed copy with your phone to be certain you can produce it in the event of any email problems). No form- No entry. Download the Covid 19 Health Declaration Form
- Lodge to open from 26 June with a reduced maximum occupancy of 20 (down from 36)
- Strict social distancing will be required in all shared areas.
- The kitchen will be open for normal use with maximum 6 people at any one time.
- Only people who reside at the same permanent address or intimate partners can stay in the same room.
- An enhanced cleaning regime will be in place with all members and guests to adhere to health safety protocols, including completing a mandatory health safety declaration ahead of arrival.
- A surcharge per booking of $12 per bed will be added to all bookings.
- Sports Week is unfortunately suspended this year.
This will be a team effort with key points as follows:
The name and phone number of every person who comes in the lodge will need to be recorded. The information needed will be similar to data collected by the COVID-Safe App.
Anyone with symptoms or who has been in contact with anyone with the virus must not come to the lodge until completely clear, as per definitions in the government health guide. You will be required to attest to this in writing ahead of arrival.
Kitchen and food service
The kitchen will be open to members and guests to use as they wish, subject to the general social distancing requirements. The size of our kitchen means that the maximum number of people permitted at any time will be six.
Apart from the number and distance limits, kitchen operation and eating in the dining room will be as per normal. Bring, cook and eat your food as you wish.
Tables will seat a maximum of six people. All people at each table will be required to be a minimum of 1.5 metres from anyone on any other table.
The lodge manager will assist members and guests in assuring the guidelines are observed.
The Dining, Lounge and TV Room will be governed by social distancing regulations. Other areas, such as ski room, drying room, laundry, hallways, stairs and storage rooms will have signage and floor markings to ensure limits on numbers of people at any one time. This may mean a short wait on the ramp outside the front door when returning from skiing. We ask for your understanding and patience if this is the case.
With one person permitted per four square metres, the maximum number of people (not including staff) allowed in the Dining and Lounge combined at one time is 25. For seated dining this will be reduced to 20 people. The TV room can hold up to six people as a sitting area or for dining.
The spa and sauna will be closed until further notice.
To enable the administration of accommodation while managing health and safety requirements the maximum limit of 28 may need to be further reduced in some instances to allow certain combinations of family groups or couples in appropriate room types.
Any current bookings that include mixing of non-domiciled groups in bunk or single bed rooms will be re-arranged by the booking officer as required. Anyone impacted will be contacted directly in advance.
All room cleaning will be done by lodge management at the end of your stay as previously planned, and is already included in your tariff.
COVID-19 prevention strategies will require a lot more cleaning than usual. All communal touch points will be regularly cleaned and sterilised. We will be asking members to also remember their own personal hygiene routines of frequent handwashing and sanitizing to reduce the possibility of any unwanted transfer. Please study the policy guide when it comes for more detail on this.
There will be a surcharge of $12 per bed to cover extra cleaning and obligatory supply and use of professionally laundered doona covers. We hope members and guests are understanding of this relatively modest charge, which will be added to bookings.
Unfortunately, our annual Sports Week scheduled for the week beginning 19 July will not proceed due to uncertain availability of the required facilities. We look forward to its return in 2021.
That week now reverts to a normal week open for ordinary bookings with no special Sports Week Surcharge to cover race and lesson expenses. Any surcharge paid already will be refunded.
For your information visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/travel-restrictions-covid-19
Please remember you should book ahead for your parking and lift passes. We also suggest you keep an eye on the Hotham website www.hotham.com.au for latest information regarding ski and parking passes.
We will continue to email member updates if the situation changes so so keep an eye on your inbox.